Each URBAN-X cohort enters into 14 immersive weeks of product development and network-building, punctuated by working trips to Munich and Shenzhen. In addition to an educational program with visiting industry leaders, URBAN-X companies receive ongoing mentorship from world-class electrical and mechanical engineers, industrial design talent from MINI and BMW, user-experience and interface designers – as well as growth hacking, sales and communications support.
What We Offer
- $60,000 USD in seed capital investment – plus significant in-kind software, hosting, and legal services – in exchange for 7% equity
- A stimulating, collaborative environment within A/D/O, a creative space in Greenpoint, Brooklyn dedicated to exploring new boundaries in design
- Access to a full-time team of resident experts and mentors in customer and investment strategy, mechanical engineering, communications, urbanism and design
- Access to leading technology and policy institutions in New York City and beyond
- Introductions to a global network of influential investors and decision makers
- A Demo Day experience that gives founders a powerful platform to present their market-ready prototypes and business concepts to an audience of investors, thought leaders and media
- An opportunity to visit and learn from SOSV’s facilities in Shenzhen and MINI headquarters in Munich
March 30th, 2017
The promise of self-driving cars and a high proliferation of mobility services will demand more from our public infrastructure. What minimum regulations will we need to guarantee a pleasant experience for every citizen? Panel moderated by Greg Lindsay.
THE RISE OF THE PARKING LOT
April 10th, 2017
As “the ride” replaces “the car,” our streets will begin to look different than they do today. But there will be other, less visible consequences too. What are they and how does one design for uncertainty?
URBAN-X 02 DEMO DAY
May 4th, 2017
Signaling the close of a rigorous fourteen-week program, the eight companies comprising URBAN-X 02 will premiere their market-ready prototypes and business concepts to the public.